I have been craving Fall. I want cool breezes, crunchy leaves, apple, pumpkin, and cinnamon everything, and sweaters. So many sweaters.
However, it is currently sunny and 80 degrees in Seattle. So I’m dreaming of cooler days while clutching this icy autumn drink.
This mocktail (or cocktail, if you add a bit of bourbon) is the perfect match for a copper mule mug, and was made for the blog by the folks at Moscow Muled. I’m a sucker for a good drink vessel, and their copper mugs are some of the nicest I’ve seen. They’re handmade and lined with nickel, which makes them stronger and prevents you from ingesting copper while drinking your mule. Plus, they’re a great price point and I always feel warm and squishy supporting small businesses. They’ve hooked up Geeky Hostess readers–you can save 15% off your order with code “GEEKYHOSTESS” until September 29, 2019. Grab them at moscowmuled.com!
Once your mugs arrive, you can get started on this delicious drink. It’s like apple pie in a mug, but chilled enough to help you survive these last few days of summer.
- Brown sugar, for the rim
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Dash of orange bitters
- 1 tablespoon apple butter
- 1-2 ounces bourbon (optional)
- Ginger beer or ginger kombucha
- Sliced apples and cinnamon, for garnish
- Rim a copper moscow mule mug with brown sugar: first rub some simple syrup or lemon juice along the rim, and then turn the mug upside down onto a plate of brown sugar.
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, combine the apple cider, lemon juice, orange bitters, and apple butter. For an alcoholic version, add bourbon. Shake to combine.
- Pour into a copper mug filled with ice. Top with ginger beer or ginger kombucha. Garnish with cinnamon and apples and enjoy!
Are you looking forward to Fall? What’s your favorite part of the season?