Hello and welcome! I’m Tara Theoharis, creator of The Geeky Hostess, a baking and party brand and blog. Started as a lifestyle blog in 2010, I expanded to products after a successful Kickstarter campaign for “Geeky Sprinkles.” The brand has created a variety of limited-run products including a line of naturally colored sprinkles and sugars, geeky cupcake liners, teas, and other accessories. In addition, I keep the blog updated with recipes, parties, and the occasional lifestyle post or product review based on my favorite fandoms. I focus on creating an approachable, inclusive, and somewhat silly space where anyone can learn more about cooking, parties, and being a geek. Join me!
Some Fun Facts About Tara
- I’m a Hufflepuff at heart, but would probably be sorted into Ravenclaw.
- I’m Lawful Good.
- Favorite Movies: Booksmart, Cabin In The Woods, Mean Girls
- Favorite TV Shows: Twilight Zone, Arrested Development, Parks and Rec, Black Mirror
- Favorite Comics: The Wicked + The Divine and Bob’s Burgers
- Favorite Books: The Time Traveler’s Wife, fairy tales
- Favorite Board Games: Dominion, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Seafall
- Favorite Video Games: Firewatch
- Collects: Vintage Etiquette and Cook Books, Sprinkles, Dice
- Has a weakness for: Candy, Puns, Random Acts of Kindness, Beautiful Packaging
Work With The Geeky Hostess
I have had the privilege to write for Dungeons and Dragons, Nerdist, Sky Pony Press, and countless others. I have hosted live streams, live events, and fashion shows, and have spoken on many panels and podcasts. I’d love to work with you on your upcoming project! I’m available for the following:
- Authoring cookbooks and creating themed recipes
- Hosting events
- Hosting videos and live streams
- Podcasts and panels
- Sponsored posts
- Sponsored travel
- Attending influencer events
For rates and additional information, please contact me.
- When money or products have been given in exchange for a post, it will be disclosed.
- All reviews will be my actual opinion.
- I have the right to refuse to review a product if it is not the right fit for Geeky Hostess or is not something I would like to endorse.
I do not accept guest posts.