Have you only been eating one breakfast, like a boring human? Chris-Rachael Oseland‘s new book, An Unexpected Cookbook, will get you enjoying breakfast, second breakfast, AND elevensees before you know it.
The book is full of well-researched recipes that fit into the time period and world that Tolkien created. This results in a collection of comforting recipes with whole food ingredients, and pictures and recipes of breads and pies that make me drool.
Inside An Unexpected Cookbook, you’ll find:
- Recipes structured around the Hobbit meals of Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, and Supper
- All recipes researched by an actual historian and based on the time and region of England that inspired the Shire
- All historical recipes then edited around the limitations Tolkien placed on the Shire to make them fully Hobbit-accurate. (So no new world foods other than coffee, tobacco, and potatoes)
- 50 full page photos of food porn
- Footnotes to help people with dietary restrictions and an appendix to make finding those recipes easier
- 11 Paleo/Primal friendly recipes
- 19 Gluten Free friendly recipes
- 20 Vegan friendly recipes (which happen to be kosher and halal)
- 40 Vegetarian friendly recipes (including the vegan ones)
This book, which will come out just in time for your holiday feast or gift-giving occasion, can be pre-ordered for $19.95 on Etsy. Your pre-order will be signed AND come with a bonus poster!
Will you be picking up the book? And how many breakfasts do you have on a normal day?