Dave and Busters recently opened up a location in Washington, and this opening allowed me to finally attend something I had heard about for years. While I had heard about the games and fun environment, no one ever told me about their outrageous food and drink menu. Seriously: it’s bonkers. They have adult snow cones, a mac and cheese and pulled pork SANDWICH, and something called the “Caveman Combo” that involves ribs and sliders. I’ve heard they have some salads and other healthy items there as well, but let’s be honest, I didn’t come to Dave and Busters to be healthy.
After sampling the most ridiculous items we could find, I couldn’t resist tasting a bit of dessert. My eyes immediately drifted towards the Brookie Sundae Tower. Chocolate chip cookies combined with brownies. Ice cream in between. Stacked in a tower. Drizzled with caramel AND hot fudge. I’m drooling just thinking about it. This item quickly became the favorite thing we had that night. And I realized I could remake it at home.
So, if you’re feeling adventurous and would prefer the call of your couch over the call of some awesome video games and glowing drinks (who are you?), then check out the recipe below to make your very own Brookie Sundae Tower.
- 1 box brownie mix (plus ingredients listed on the box)
- 1 packet of refrigerated break-apart cookie dough
- caramel sauce
- chocolate sauce
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, and then coat with flour and dump out the excess. Set the tin aside.
- Mix the brownie mix together as described on the box.
- Fill each muffin cup ½ full with brownie mix. Then, flatten a square of cookie dough slightly and place one in each muffin cup.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- Prep the serving plate by drizzling chocolate sauce and caramel sauce in a pretty pattern.
- Place a brookie in the center of the plate, and then place a scoop of ice cream on top of that. Drizzle some chocolate sauce on top of the ice cream. Top that ice cream with another brookie and another scoop of ice cream, followed by another drizzle of chocolate sauce. If the tower won't stay upright on its own, Place a wooden skewer all the way through the center.
- Top the sundae with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry!
Do you have a Dave and Buster’s near you? If you want to check out the ridiculous menu for yourself, visit my Instagram. I’m giving away $50 in “D&B Dollars”!
Thank you to Dave and Busters for providing me with the sampling opportunity and additional dollars to give away.