Game of Thrones comes back on Sunday…are you prepared? If you haven’t planned a viewing party yet, it’s not too late! Here are some tips on how to throw a quick and killer party to accompany the premiere of season three:
- Visit your grocery store and pick up some nice breads, cheeses, salami, olives, and figs to put together a great plate of snacks. The more rustic looking, the better! You’ll eat as the characters do and the foods will perfectly complement a nice beer or wine. If you have the time and are feeling adventurous, you can make your own bread and salami with recipes from The Unofficial Game of Thrones Cookbook!
- Speaking of beer and wine, make sure you pick up Ommegang brewery’s Iron Throne Blonde Ale, the official Game of Thrones beer. The ale is limited edition, so pick up a few if you find it! I found my bottle at Cost Plus World Market.
- House pint glasses, shot glasses, and coasters will be an excellent piece of decor or party favor! You can find all of the house sigils and more Game of Throne goodies from Things From Another World.
- Stark Pint Glass, $8.99
- Lannister Pint Glass, $8.99
- Stark Shot Glass, $5.39
- Lannister Shot Glass, $5.39
- Coaster Set, House Sigils Season 2, $5.99
- Remember the Game of Thrones Arms Creator I posted about yesterday? Set up a station where your friends can create their own arms and print it out. Hang them up with clothespins during the party, and let them take it home with them as a souvenir after the event’s over.
What will you be doing for the premiere?
I’m going to be in a nice hotel in San Diego… But a hotel with HBO!
Hmm, I wonder if room service has roast aurochs or a nice Dornish wine…
Thanks for the heads up! I have been cruising for it. Went right out to the World Market by my work and picked some up.
There’s also an official GoT cookbook, “A Feast Of Ice and Fire”. Lots of the recipes can be found at the “Inn at The Crossroads” blog as well as a party planner e-book. You too can feast like an obnoxious boy-king!
Meredith, glad to hear you could find it! I was so excited when I found it there.
Suzanna, excellent suggestions! And just the mention of “obnoxious boy-king” makes me want to slap Joffrey silly.
Pingback: Love Baking? Back the Geeky Sprinkles kickstarter! - Comic Con Family
Pingback: Ry Makes Games