I have some sort of amalgamation of “Friday” but with lyrics about pie stuck in my head. “It’s Pi(e) Day, Pi(e) Day, everyone eat pie on Pi(e) Day, looking forward to the pecan, pecan….”
Anyway, it’s Pi Day! The day where we get to celebrate math and use language tricks to also celebrate a pastry! Yay Pi(e)!
Want to celebrate? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Challenge your friends to impromptu recitations of Pi. Whoever has the most amount of digits memorized gets a pie of their choice!
- Hold a Pie cooking and/or eating competition.
- Make a pie and include Pi-themed cutouts or decorations on top. Check out my dad’s “famous” recipe here!
- Stretch your mind a bit by filling out a pie-themed logic problem.
- Check out nerdier Pi Day/Friday parodies.
- Eat a Pizza Pie for lunch! That’s what I’ll be doing.
What do you do to celebrate Pi Day?