These mac and cheese cupcakes are a carb-lover’s dream. This recipe was inspired by one created by an old co-worker’s friend. He topped them with mashed potatoes and a cherry tomato, but I chose to use that for the meatloaf cupcakes. If you’re just making one of these dishes, either will work with that topping!
- 1 tube of pre-made biscuits (My tube had 8 "grand" biscuits)
- 2 packages of instant mac and cheese (I used Annie's Homegrown Totally Natural Shells & Real Aged Cheddar)
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 cupcake cups with paper wrappers.
- Boil water for the mac and cheese. (Don't forget to boil enough for two packages!)
- Cook the mac and cheese according to directions on the box. Make sure the shells are "al dente" (firm), by not letting them cook for too long. Let the mac and cheese sit for a moment.
- Pop open your tube of biscuits. Take a biscuit, remove a quarter of it, and reshape the rest into a cone/bowl shape that will fit into the cupcake wrappers. Push the biscuits along the wrappers and up above the sides.
- Fill the middle of the biscuit "bowl" with mac and cheese, don't be afraid to fill it up high!. Top with panko bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the biscuits look flaky and golden. Serve!
Want more savory cupcakes? Check out this recipe for meatloaf cupcakes and make a feast of it!