Fall doesn’t start for me until I enjoy my first pumpkin beer. This year, I connected with Dikla from Have Growler, Will Travel, and we created our own pumpkin beer tasting event. Naturally, that meant I needed to create some pumpkin beer cupcakes. These cupcakes are moist, dense, extremely pumpkiny, and very easy to make. The recipe is based on one from Snappy Gourmet, with a few changes.
Pumpkin Beer Cupcakes
Author: Tara Theoharis
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup pumpkin ale (I used Dogfish Head's Punkin Ale)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 5 TBS unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsps pumpkin spice (more or less as desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners until ⅔ full.
- Bake cupcakes for 19-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely and make the frosting.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in ⅓ of the powdered sugar at a time, mixing until smooth.
- Add in pumpkin spice, mixing until fully blended.
- This recipe will give you stiff frosting that is easily piped onto a cupcake. Cut a hole in the bottom corner of a plastic bag, and fill with the frosting. Frost cupcakes then top with a quick shake of pumpkin spice.
These were SCRUMPTIOUS, and the biggest hit of the party, by far! 😀
Mmm sounds wonderful – and even better you used Dogfish! I’ll be trying this recipe very soon. Thank you for sharing.
I am so glad I found this! My boyfriends birhday is coming up and he loves shipyard pumpkinhead and ice cream cake so I have been thinking about how to go about making a cake using that beer plus ice cream cake. I will definitely be using this as a recipe for the cake and frosting!
Awesome! This plus a pumpkin or cinnamon ice cream would be ridiculously amazing.
Pingback: Hits and Misses | Just Call Me Janks