Every year, I look forward to spring and summer for one specific reason: the fruit. Fruit is so cheap, delicious, and plentiful then, and I just can’t get enough! Right now I’m loving all of the giant, plump strawberries available everywhere. And while I often eat them by themselves (or with a light dusting of sugar or whipped cream, if I’m feeling fancy), I thought I would jazz them up a bit with some of my Natural Ruby Sparkling Sugar.
These strawberries are dipped in chocolate and covered in sparkling sugar, making them look like a jewel-encrusted version of the fruit they are. I think these would be beautiful at a wedding or baby shower, or any time you want something extra special. Plus, they’re super easy to make!
- Wash and fully dry the strawberries
- Heat the candy melts according to directions.
- Dip the strawberries into the candy melts, coating up to the top.
- While the strawberries are still wet, dip them into a bowl of the ruby sparkling sugar, making sure to fully cover the candy melts.
- Place on wax paper until hardened.
You can change the colors of the candy melts and sugar to match the occasion. I’ve even seen people do this with orange sparkling sugar to make the strawberries look like carrots!