Why You Should Consider Boxed Wine For Your Party
I recently had the opportunity to try Black Box Wines, and luckily that opportunity came the day before my Arrested Development party. I was considering picking up boxed wine as “Lucille’s Juicebox” but was dreading picking up your standard Franzia or other boxed wines that are known for being cheap but not much else. Black Box wine is decent wine that just happens to be boxed. But still–what’s the benefit of having Black Box, or other boxed wine, at your parties?
- It’s inexpensive. One of these boxes holds 4 bottles of wine, and at around $25 each, that’s a cheaper price per bottle than you can normally get.
- It’s low maintenance. You don’t need to worry about opening up multiple bottles throughout the party. Just put one of these guys on your table, and you’re ready to go.
- It lasts longer. If you don’t go through the whole box at one party, it’s not a problem. One of these boxes will last a month. We didn’t finish all of the Merlot at the party, so I’ve been able to enjoy a small glass of wine here and there with dinner or use some when cooking without worrying about opening and finishing an entire bottle of wine. This is actually my favorite part of these boxes!
My friends seemed skeptical at first, but a couple of them had heard of Black Box and knew they were decent. They seemed to enjoy it–the Sauvignon Blanc didn’t make it through the night!
So how can you use these? Try any of these ideas:
- Minecraft party
- Pixelated/nostalgic games party
- Arrested Development party
- Wine tasting party (Keep it in the kitchen and pour it along with a few bottled wines into different glasses. Hold a tasting and see what people like best!)
If you want to learn a bit more about Black Box Wines or pick some up for yourself, visit blackboxwines.com. They’ve also got some cute little tetra packs that hold 3 glasses of wine that are perfect for picnics.
Are you a boxed wine drinker? Would you get boxed wine for a party you’re hosting?
Comments are closed